The HIFIA training course provides a thorough introduction to the terminology, formulas and metrics used by the lodging industry. Participants learn hotel and tourism basics and data analysis, as well as popular benchmarking and performance reports that are used by the industry.
- The HIFIA includes the following sections:
- Affiliations in the Hotel Industry
- Categorizations in the Hotel Industry
- Benchmarking in the Hotel Industry
- Introduction to Hotel Math
- Introduction to Hotel Industry Reports
- The student cost of the HIFIA certification is US$60.
- The HIFIA has been recognized by the AH&LA, ICHRIE, and IoH.
- Free train-the-trainer sessions are offered to prepare professors to offer the HIFIA.