Updates announced to 2020 Hotel Data Conference
HENDERSONVILLE, Tennessee—The 2020 edition of the Hotel Data Conference will feature a hybrid format and limited in-person attendance to accommodate for social distancing measures and travel challenges around the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are confident that this updated format will provide the value expected by our industry while placing non-negotiable emphasis on safety,” said Patrick Mayock, an STR VP and co-lead of the HDC Planning Committee. “At the same time, we understand that HDC will be one of the first industry events out of the gate and can provide a template for conferences set for later this year and early in 2021.”
- The in-person portion of HDC will remain at the JW Marriott Nashville.
- The conference, presented by IDeaS, a SAS Company, will be delivered to a reduced in-person audience of 150 and be streamed live to a virtual audience for additional networking, sponsor interaction and Q&A.
- The event has been reduced to one day (13 August), but a weekly webinar series will be available to registered in-person and virtual attendees beginning on 25 June. In addition to access to the seven webinars held ahead of HDC, all attendees will have access to STR Academy and post-event recordings.
- The 13 August conference agenda has been condensed to six hours with general sessions only to limit the amount of movement of in-person attendees.
- All seating and floor traffic flow will be designed to allow for six feet of space between attendees.
- Protective masks, provided for all in-person attendees, will be required when moving throughout the conference space. Hand sanitizer stations also will be available throughout.
- Meals will be plated and/or boxed, then served individually to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Printed conference materials and giveaways will be mailed in advance.
“Conferences are such a key part of the industry—not only for the business they bring destinations, but for the opportunities they provide in the exchange of knowledge and advancement of the industry,” Mayock said. “While we would love to welcome our usual packed house with more than 700 people, we’re looking forward to contributing to the early return of industry events.”
HDC Registration, as well as an updated agenda and speaker list, can be accessed HERE.
About the Hotel Data Conference
The Hotel Data Conference is a gathering of industry executives with a specific interest in crunching data to improve the performance of their hotels and/or hotel companies. The conference content is designed to appeal to brand executives, hotel owners, developers, operators, revenue management specialists and pricing analysts. For more information, please visit www.HotelDataConference.com.
STR provides premium data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for global hospitality sectors. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 15 countries with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, an international headquarters in London, and an Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore. STR was acquired in October 2019 by CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. For more information, please visit str.com and www.costargroup.com.
About Hotel News Now
Hotel News Now is the definitive online news resource for hotel owners, operators, developers and all other parties interested in the global hotel industry. Our experienced editorial team provides breaking news coverage, how-to resources, trends and in-depth analysis that leverages our access to hotel performance benchmarking data from parent company STR. For more information, visit www.HotelNewsNow.com.
Senior Director, Communications
+1 615-824-8664 ext. 3305
+1 615-824-8664 ext. 3500