Focused on four popular types of hospitality and tourism research projects, the CAHTA training enables participants to learn step-by-step processes to create comprehensive, industry-quality projects. Skills gained through the certification include the ability to analyze data, visualize the findings and present the results. Detailed case scenarios and templates are provided to complete a project and can be used as a helpful tool throughout each participant’s career.
- The CAHTA includes the following sections:
- Hospitality and Tourism Research
- How to Conduct a Market Study
- How to Conduct an Event Impact Analysis
- How to Conduct an Economic Analysis
- How to Conduct a Feasibility Study
- The cost of the CAHTA certification is US$595, which includes the workshop and exam.
- Obtaining the CAHTA certification is a two-step process. Recipients must first pass a 50-question multiple choice exam, then successfully complete a research project.
- The data and information necessary to complete the project is provided as part of the course.
The CAHTA has been recognized by the HFTP, ICHRIE, IoH and PATA.