Video - 2019 U.S. Hotel Industry Year in Review
21 February 2020
Data Insights Blog
Alison Hoyt (Senior Director of Consulting & Analytics) and Jan Freitag (Senior VP, Lodging Insights) cover the key industry metrics and trends of 2019.
- The industry broke a number of records in 2019, but ADR growth below the level of inflation is concerning for owners and operators.
- Hotel supply growth seems in check nationally, but there has been an unequal impact on each class.
- Room rate growth in larger markets was below the national average.
- Group performance was set from a position of strength, but the story was different for Transient.
- Total U.S. RevPAR begins to decline when 43% of submarkets report decreases. Where are we now?